jump the queue
1. He cut in at the head of the line.
2. The prince refused to jump the queue for treatment at the local hospital.
3. It is impolite to butt in line in front of other people.
4. Don't jump the queue, or other people will not be pleased.
5. Old nun asks the child, you why jump the queue?
老修女问孩子, 你为什么插队 呢 ?
6. They bully into line at the gas pump ( Martin Gottfried )
他们在气泵前恶棍似地插队 ( 马丁哥特弗莱德 )
7. The people pushed and shoved to get in line.
8. In public places, you should never jump the queue in Britain.
9. It was my turn to a ticket when someone cut in line.
10. If he were a gentleman he would not jump the queue.
11. If you jump a queue, the people will not be pleased.
12. Cops don't line , they just cut to the front of the line.
13. The old man thought Jim was a queue jumper.
14. If you jump the queue, other people will not be pleased!
15. I know. He just cutline right in front of you.
The teacher beside the lunch line saw Jack cut in, and she criticized him bitterly.
Stab the rise onto the pin connector.
If you jump the queue other people will not be pleased.
They do not bother to line up with the others.
I get annoyed when people cut in line.
You must never allow rogues to jump the queue.
The cop stopped him from cutting in line.
It is impolite to butt in line in front of other people.
I get annoyed when some one cuts in line at a bus stop.
I find it really irksome when people jump in front of me in a line.
Inspired by studies like this, Marie Helweg-Larsen and Barbara LoMonaco did the next bestthing after actually pushing into queues.
What is the most depressing day of the week? How do you deal with queue-jumpers? Do youhave paranoid thoughts while travelling on an underground train?
So the next time you're in a queue or spot a queue-jumper think about Milgram's study and how the queue might reflect society at large.
Others suggested that the pop queen might have used her wealth and stardom to bypass usualprocedures and jump the queue.
Think about it. If someone is able to get in front of you in a super market checkout queue, youmay never be able to get out of the store.
But this social order can be fragile when faced with chaotic threats, like that of the queue-jumper.
Spitting and swearing were the most offensive behaviours, it found, while queue-jumping andnot saying "please" or "thank you" were other main gripes.
Front-row seats are a guarantee, queue jumping is allowed, parking is flexible and free thanksto the blue badge and, with size 11 feet, my shoes will always be cheap – what more could awoman want?
Classmate:I know. I have met several queue jumpers, all big, robust boys.
Early research found that people were strangely reluctant to challenge queue-jumpers,suggesting our spontaneous social order is fairly week.
Over to you: what strange behaviour have you spotted in queues and do you ever queue-jumpor challenge queue-jumpers?
When there were two people between them and the queue-jumper, objections dropped to just 5%.
围观: 次 | 责任编辑：小可爱科技知识网